November 01, 2006

Recognition

I guess it's nice, no make that excellent, to be rewarded for the effort you put into your work. We all go through our daily grind, wondering if the things we do and say make a difference in the world we live in. In some ways the folks who continue with their work, without recieving any awards are the real heros of society, but some of us have jobs that put them directly in the limelight and they depend on the adulation from others to achieve greatness in their profession.
This week Murakami Haruki finally recieved world-wide praise for his abilities to spin dreams out of imagination. The Franz Kafka literary prize was given to him in an award ceremony last Monday and I'd just like to add my congratulations to list of many fans who have enjoyed his musings for years and hope to enjoy them even more in the years to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this authour before... but what an achievement!!!

I guess I'll have to go out and buy one of his books.

Anonymous said...

Hey Izzy :)
You can check out his stuff from my "literatti" section
I reading a wild sheep chase for the fourth time. I think you'll really love his stuff. Good words, food, music and cats...