April 18, 2006

Bread and Circuses

I have too many things on my mind and I am unable to focus on one particular topic, so I think I'll just let my fingers wander and see what happens.
I had a pretty good day yesterday. I won enough money gambling to go out and buy myself a nice digital camera. That's something I've wanted for a long time. Now I just have to decide on what kind I want. There are so many out there and I'd like to get one that isn't too bulky but still has the kind of functions I want. I'll be doing plenty of research on all the different models before I buy one.
I'm in the mood to have an excellent cup of coffee right now. Haven't had one in a couple of days.
The detoxification is going well, but I find that all the effort I'm making isn't making much of a difference. I went to the doctor before the weekend and he found out that I have a herniated disc that might require surgery. NO THANKS! I have had enough of surgical procedures and I don't want to undergo another one.
I was cruising the net this morning and I came upon some articles that were totally wacky, but seemed relevant to many peoples situation. The first one was about sex robots and how they just might become a part of our future. That led me to another article about a man whose wife doesn't want to have sex. That tripped me into a google search for similar and I found the other side of the coin, a woman whose husband won't make love to her. After surfing through these articles and trying to understand the complexities of marriage, I found the capper: the ultimate in silliness. This one had me shaking my head and talking to the computer.

There were a lot of other pages that I looked at, but these had me doing the most thinking. How important is sex. To many it seems that it is the be all and end all of existence. A lot of different people have lots of different opinions on the matter and in some way there all valid. Before you decide the importance of it you should determine whether if the act determines the quality or if the quality of the act determines if sex has actually occurred ie: Bill Clinton. I have met women who say that if they aren't satisfied by the sex or haven't reached orgasm then they don't consider what they are doing as sex, sport fucking, maybe, but not sex. I have talked with guys who say that if sex is unfeeling; it's more like acting (yeah guys can fake it too) than making love and a few husbands have mentioned to me that they go through the motions so that they can fulfill their responsibilities as a spouse rather than get into a long drawn out conversation about why they'd rather not screw their own wives.
I figure that there are other things that I'd like to do in addition to having a great time making love, but if I'm always obsessing about getting laid then I'm not gonna have the energy to do anything else creative with my time.
What do you think?

No comments: