July 28, 2006

Bond, James Bond

I don't have anything to write about that I can post. Too many people close to me know about my blog and read it, even if they don't leave comments (selfish bastards). For the past few weeks I have been voraciously consuming books.
When I think about it, there seems to be a similar theme to the novels I have been reading- personal freedom.
I didn't choose any of the books for that reason, but all of the characters seem to be strong individuals with a sense of purpose and enthusiasm for life. I guess I'm hoping that some of that will rub off on me. I believe that my recent lack of motivation is caused by the dull and uninspiring repetition of life's daily inanities.
The enemy, ennui is attacking from every direction and I'm too lethargic to overcome the assault. Where is the spark? Where did it go? I had it. I used to watch it dance. Did someone take it from me when I wasn't looking or is it still there, but only reduced in energy, waiting for me to feed it some attention. Hmmmm, get off my ass and feed the spark of life. That might do me some good.

I'm outta here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>I don't have anything to write about that I can post. Too many people close to me know about my blog and read it, even if they don't leave comments (selfish bastards)...

Ah, common now - where's the fun in that!? We don't leave comments *because* you know us!