October 26, 2006

The boogey man

All Hallows eve, Samahain or Halloween. No matter what you call it it's my favorite time of the year. Man, I just love every minute of it, from pumpkin carving to getting all snazzed out for a party. This year I'm teaming up with the wife and we are going as little red riding hood and the big bad wolf. Guess who's the wolf...
Pics and more info to come in the next few days as the parties begin and the people get into the spirit of the holiday.
When I first got to Japan almost no one celebrated Halloween, but now there is a certain fever attached t o the festivities and folks really get into it.
I'll do what I can to share it with you all, but in the mean time how about sharing a Halloween story or two with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friends mom used to be a costume designer and every year she would make costumes for her kids and my friend and her little brother would win the best costume. It sucked.... we all knew that we would never have a chance of winning....

One year she went as Boy George (long trench coat, beaded braids and hat) and her brother went as Michael Jackson... red leather jacket and sequenced glove. (They even painted him black...and bought him an afro).

It was the strangest thing I saw as a child...

Anonymous said...

When I was sixteen I went down to the village to se the Halloween parade. Your from NY so you must know what that's like, right? Well, Me and a couple of buddies dropped some blotta and totally spaced out. there were playboy bunnies and devils everywhere. The best part was going over to Christopher st. Man it was like Marilyn Monroe hell!!! Why do all the queens dress up as Monroe or Mae West????