March 14, 2006

A one legged man in an ass kickin' contest

The pace of life in the city I live in is quite agreeable to me. I like to take things slowly and keep the stress levels to a minimum. The past fortnight has been altogether the opposite of what I usually expect from life.
I thought I was going to get a break over the weekend. I was all set to play poker with my friends and the wife was going out of town for a couple of days. A short break and some free time to charge our batteries was just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately there was a snow storm and her car doesn't have snow tires, so I found myself driving out to the country to pick her up.
Now we're both back in the city and getting ready for a new week.
I am running around, like a chicken with it's head cut off, tryin' to get all my work completed on time. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. This week will heap even more responsibilities on my narrow shoulders, starting with today. It's White day (literally, as the snow is still falling outside) and I must buy treats or cake for all of the people who bought me chocolates on St. Valentines day.

I don't really have the time or energy right now to write about all the things that are going on in my head. I hope that maybe tonight I'll be in a different frame of mind and be able to catch up on all the posts I've missed.

No comments: