May 28, 2006

You are here

"No matter where you go, there you are". Mr Bonzai's bit of solipsism really is quite enlightening. How often do we find ourselves running away from reality or involved in self deception in order to make it through the day.
Recent thoughts have been on the serious side and I can't seem to be able to make any sense of the things running through my head. I am almost certain of the things I want out of life and not just because I'm positive of the things I don't want. Knowing what you don't need is almost as important as understanding the essential necessities to make your voyage a fruitful and satisfactory one, but it doesn't give you a concrete target to shoot at.

The only true purpose I have in this life is to die well and I plan on dying while still full of life, but between now and that time, I will strive to become as close to my own true nature as I possibly can. Understanding myself and my own beliefs without the encumbrance of other peoples ideals or morality is something I have been trying to do for a very long time.
I often find myself sliding backwards when I don't clearly understand the principal characteristics of truth and honesty. If only I could be completely forthright with myself then I would have the strength to be able to do so with those around me. I believe that the answer to finding that power lies in being able to love unsefishly.
Many authors, gurus, religious leaders, etc. have stated that they, and only they, have discovered the true path to enlightenment and nirvana on earth now I don't mean to scoff, but it seems to me that with so many problems in the world today if they were to truly have the ability to harness the power of love and allow us to free our souls from darkness and despair, than this would be a much nicer place to live.
So where is the answer? Well, it just might be that every person has a different path to take. I mean it seems to me that we all can't possibly reach the same place by using the same methods. then there'd be no challenge. Once one person did it then everyone would blindly follow and reach the same place without any personal effort. Maybe it truly is the road and not the destination....TBC.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah yeah ,in lieu of.....

Anonymous said...

?????????????????