July 10, 2006

Mice and Men

I don't make plans anymore. Everytime I plan something out somehow it all goes to shit.
I wanted to get out of the house last Saturday. You know, a couple of drinks, dinner maybe some karaoke. Just getting out of the house and hanging out downtown. I didn't need a distinct goal, the idea was to change my surroundings. No such luck. After dinner, which was awful, Crispy was too full to move. I haven't been Mr. Enthusiasm these days, so she couldn't get into the idea of just roaming around and finding fun places to go.
The weather seems to have a lot to do with it. It's difficult to get dressed up for a night out when you don't know if it's going to rain or not. For me it's not much of a problem. I don't have long hair and I don't wear make-up. The wife, on the other hand, does, so getting ready to go out can become a huge production. That makes any kind of spontaneous action impossible. So I'm stuck behind the proverbial eight ball. I just don't know how to get out of the house....

No comments: