November 30, 2006

Defloration, of a sort.

I finally did something, that I have wanted to do for a loooooooong time, but never really had the confidence to actually go through the process of making a dream into a reality.

I, like many of you, have notebooks filled with stories, poetry, scribbled ideas for stories,half finished pieces, drunken ramblings, etc, Ad nuaseum.

Always thinking about showing them to people, but never posting them on my blog like some brave writers like Lingo Slinger do. To be honesst I did once post one of my poems when I started this blog, but that's not the same as entering a short story competition; which is exactly what I did yesterday, I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was to see if my piece had been accepted. It was and I felt totally thrilled seeing my name on the top of the entry. I realize that there are many other talented writers out there who can create much better stories using the power of words. But this, for me was great just because I got off my ass, or rather stuck it in a seat and submitted the darn thing.


Read my entry here and wish me luck.

1 comment:

leelee said...

the page isn't working. I'd LOVE to read your story..