November 29, 2006

The weather guy

The folks who predict the weather have got to have the best job in the world.
Think about for a moment, really consider what I'm saying here.
They make more mistakes than any other professional. They sure do.
C'mon. How many times have you been caught in the rain 'cause they'd said the skies would stay clear and you hadn't brought an umbrella to work?
When they do screw up, no one seems to get angry about it. We don't expect them to get it right.
They get a pretty good salary even with a low percentage of accurate prediction.
If they have the slightest bit of charisma, they get semi-celebrity status. That's good enough to help you get laid from time to time, yeah?
Seriously. I want that job. When I mess up, I don't get paid or it costs me more in time to fix things until they are up to snuff. That amounts to the same thing.
Mess up enough times and I lose my customers.
It seems to me that, although I'm not consciously thinking about it, I spend much of my time trying to get through the week without stepping on my dick.
How about you?

No comments: