April 15, 2007

Getting in tune

Scroll down for the starting post in the series.
There are so many ways to escape the day to day doldrums of life that I find it inconceivable that anyone could be bored with their existence.

Of course it becomes easier when you are surrounded by natural wonders and wholesome beauty.

Five days in Hawaii ain't enough time to get your bearings, but it does give you a chance to shift gears and put yourself on cruise control.

Our first stop was the north shore. On the way is the famous DOLE plantation, home of the worlds largest maze, so we decided to stop off and see which one of the four of us could finish the maze first.



Next we drove around the coast visiting every beach we could find and taking in the majesty of the islands scenery.




A quick stop to devour the local eats.





Tropical nights.





Crispy and I spent the second day with each other at the beach.




glorious sun, sand and surf.


Got together with the monster and his vixen for drinks. Woah, can that boy party!






This trip was a blast! It was really good to get away and hook up with a friend, get some quiet time with my lady and not worry about the stuff I usually carry around with me. I don't know when I'll get the chance to do it again, but for now I have to say it's good to be home again.

3 comments:

jeepgirl said...

Am vicariously enjoying your vacation photos. I'm glad you had such a great time.

leelee said...

Really NYD...how great. Isn't it amazing how a little "downtime" can turn your world right again. I am anxiously counting down the days till my hubs and I go on our California Dreamin' vacation in May for 9 glorious days!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

Crispy is lovely and well, what can we say about the monster..

Scary Monster said...

Tag you're it. Doo rag. Now come on by and see what Me be talking about.